1.2 For the purpose of the EU 2016 General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”),ICLEI European Secretariat GmbH (ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability), based in Leopoldring 3, 79098 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany, (thereafter ICLEI GmbH), acts as data controller.
1.3 ICLEI does not have any responsibility on how other platforms and websites outside of the ICLEI´s controlled websites, use and share users´ personal information, even if those platforms / websites have a link on or from the ICLEI website. It is the responsibility of the users to check in each specific case if other websites provide a safe environment for their personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
2.1 This website may collect internet Cookies from all its users. The purpose of Cookies is to improve your online experience on our website by informing the webserver that you have returned to a specific page, which allows it to load the page faster with your personal features and to save time. Cookies are text files created from the moment you download the webpage and is stored on your computer by a webpage server. They are uniquely assigned to you and can exclusively be read by the webserver in the same domain which issued the Cookie. They cannot be used to runs programs or viruses.
2.2 Examples of Cookies are the Google analytic tools, used for ICLEI websites to collect information about your computer that is automatically provided to its server. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by ICLEI for the operation of its websites, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding uses of ICLEI websites.
2.3 You have the ability to accept or decline Cookies. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive feature provided by our websites.
- Collected data collected from registered users
3.1 ICLEI may collect, through the registration process on this website the following personal information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job title
3.2 In case of registration on a website, an identification number is assigned to register users. This user id can help track any changes requested by the user when submitting data on one of our websites which allows uploading.
3.4 In this case of communication by email with ICLEI, your personal information will be collected to enable to deliver the services you have requested.
- Use of personal data
4.1 Personal data are used exclusively for the legitimate purpose for which they were collected (services provided by ICLEI, newsletter, in person and virtual events and webinars, communication with ICLEI) or for the good functioning of the websites. ICLEI may use your personal data for the following:
4.1.1 Personal data resulting from cookies:
- To adapt the presentation of the content of the website in order to align it with the technical specifications of your computer.
- To get to know how ICLEI can improve services based on how you use them.
4.1.2 Personal data provided through registration form, or through any kind of services provided by ICLEI:
- To contact you for communications related to the services provided by ICLEI.
- To provide you with specific information, support or other requested services.
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference or event related to ICLEI, or our partners.
- To get feedback or input from you.
- For any other interactions that you may have with ICLEI.
4.1.3 Photos collected or taken by ICLEI in the context of an event might be used for internal and external communication related to the event.
4.1.4 Recordings of ICLEI virtual events and webinars might be used for internal and external communication related to the event.
4.1.5 Personal data provided by registering to a newsletter will only be used for the purpose of sending you the newsletter you registered to.
- Disclosure of personal data
ICLEI does not use or disclose your personal data without your explicit consent, except for the following situations:
- In cases where disclosure is required by law.
- In good faith, when disclosure is made necessary to protect the ICLEI´s right of property, and/or the personal safety of its users or the public.
- Data Storage
6.1 Personal Data are stored in the servers of ICLEI Europe., based in Germany, and are therefore subject to the German Federal Law on Personal Data(“Bundesdatenschutzgesetz”), as currently amended, and to the 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation.
6.2 ICLEI will hold your personal data on its servers for as long as needed to achieve its legitimate purposes. The appropriate duration of retention of personal data is determined by this, as well as, by their nature and sensitivity, also considering an assessment of the risk of unauthorized use or disclosure of those personal data. ICLEI will automatically delete all data which is no longer considered relevant for its purposes.
6.3 ICLEI is committed to the security of your data and consequently takes all appropriate measures to prevent the loss of your data or access without authorization. Access to personal data is strictly restricted to a limited number of ICLEI staffs which are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6.4 In the unlikely event of a data security breach, ICLEI will promptly notify you and take all the necessary measures to protect your data.
- Rights on your personal data
7.1 The 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation provides you with the following rights over your personal data:
- Access your personal data.
- Require the correction of any mistakes in your personal data.
- Request the data controller to delete all your personal data from our servers (right to be forgotten).
- Demand the transfer of all your personal data to a third party (data portability).
- Forbid use of your personal data for direct marketing.
- Restrict the use of your personal data to certain conditions.
- Claim compensation for damages resulting from a violation of any applicable personal data protection laws.
7.2 For any request concerning your rights please contact our personal data officer (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
7.3 You have the right to lodge a claim for compensation at the data protection supervisory authority where you are located or where we are based (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de/).
All questions or requests regarding the ICLEI personal data policy can be addressed to email@example.com